We are a family run business that is looking for a Project Supervisor to help deliver our extensive range of tree planting projects across the South West.
We manage private and commercial client landscape projects, mainly focused on the research, sourcing, supply and planting of excellent quality, hard to find or specialist trees from the UK and Europe.
We instruct a range of sub contractors to deliver creative tree planting schemes on behalf of several of the industries leading garden designers, and in some of the UK’s most high-profile private properties and commercial development sites. Our ethos is focused on unrivalled quality of service and a deep understanding of specialist trees hand picked for sites with significant design requirements.
- Supervising and working alongside our project teams on tree planting and landscaping operations
- Visiting sites to monitor sub-contractors on their progress and quality of work
- Communicating health and safety information as provided by the project manager
- Liaising with clients or site contacts regarding delivery dates and project schedules
- Working to completion targets set by the project manager
- Sourcing and ordering plant machinery, equipment materials
- Sourcing and ordering trees and plants
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Tree Research yard including watering operations, maintaining stock levels, equipment and materials
- Assisting with the maintenance of all machinery, equipment and vehicles including vans, plant machinery and helping record this
- Continued training in the landscape industry as well as increasing knowledge of trees, their establishment and maintenance
- Work in any part of the UK (including overnight stays) as occasionally required by projects.
- Practical experience in landscaping or gardening
- Good communication skills with the ability to supervise staff
- Good plant and tree identification
- Relevant qualification in Horticulture, Landscaping or Arboriculture
- Full, clean EU/UK Driving license
- Experience of dealing with customers
- First Aid Certificate
- Any of the following driving license categories: BE, C1, C & C1E
- NPTC Certificates for PA1&6, Landscape Equipment and Machinery
- CSCS Card
- NPORS Card: All terrain Telehandler
- Extensive plant and tree knowledge including Latin names and species soil requirements
Salary and Benefits
We offer a great benefits package such as 28 days holiday plus public holidays and a pension scheme.
If you would like to apply for the position, please email a covering letter and your CV to Layna Prosser – Layna@treeresearch.co.uk