Following several contract awards we are looking for a hands on Landscaping Foreman to work on projects in the South West and Midlands area.
Duties will including the following:
- Large scale aquatic, shrub and tree planting
- Setting out of shrubs and trees
- Seeding inc wildflower
- Ground preparation both sub and topsoil
- Use/direction of plant and machinery
- Creation of new habitat areas
- Pond/lake creation
- Pesticide application
- To lead, motivate and instruct teams on site in order to achieve and promote best practice.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Read and understand Landscape drawings and be able to transpose simple levels.
- Have good plant knowledge and identification
- Ensure daily and weekly productivity targets are achieved within the set parameters.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with the company or client specifications and that quality standards are achieved.
- Completion of internal paperwork, documents, forms as required by the business.
- Liaise with site agents
- Ensure all employees are carrying out work in a safe and proper manner, ensuring the correct PPE is being worn in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and current legislation.
- Flexible working approach
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in Soft Landscaping
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Have an eye for perfection
- Have current CSCS card ideally Gold but upgrade help available.
- Full clean driving licence ideally with towing permissions.
- Able to work away from home.
- A highly competitive salary dependant on experience
- Provision of Company van for business use
- Provision of Company mobile phone for business use
- Opportunity to participate in Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Company private health scheme
- Opportunity to participate in H&S training courses plus a wide range of other training courses to enhance skillset
** MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE **
Qualified to a minimum of NVQ 3 standard or equivalent
Freelance candidates considered along with sub-contract planting teams. No agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Â£10.00 to Â£12.00 /hour
- Landscape Foreman: 3 years
- Landscaping: 5 years
Required licences or certifications:
- CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme)
- PA1 & 6A
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)