Do you have high standards? Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards? Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you?
Our Junior Gardeners play an important role in the success and development of our business. Our aim is to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers through not only our knowledge and experience, but through our attention to detail, commitment to the job, and our levels of customer service.
As a Junior Gardener you will be an important member of a team working in mainly residential gardens throughout the London Borough of Havering and South Essex.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To undertake a variety of horticultural practices and processes principally; grass cutting, strimming and edging, bed and border maintenance, pruning, leaf and hedge work as well as various other tasks as directed by the line manager.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and cared for. Identify and report any issues with equipment.
- At all times promote and maintain a competent, professional image of Blue Gerbera Horticulture Ltd to its clients and to the general public.
- At all times comply with all health and safety procedures and work in a safe and responsible manner.
Personal and Professional Development:
- Commit to personal and professional development through on the job learning and at home study.
- Participate in the company Performance Management and Appraisal process, and agree short, medium and long term goals with line manager.
- Identify learning and development needs with line manager and evaluate training and development demonstrate needs have been met.
- Contribute to the learning of others across the organisation.
- A recognised horticultural qualification is desirable however not essential if the candidate can demonstrate relevant experience and a desire to forge a career in the horticulture industry.
- School leavers may be considered if they are able to demonstrate reliability, a good attitude to hard work, and a desire to forge a career in the horticulture industry.
- Full, clean driving licence (desirable but not essential)
£ph – Based on experience