We have a great opportunity for an experienced Ground Maintenance Supervisor or Team Leader to join our Housing Association contract in Frome & Trowbridge.
The purpose of the Supervisor position is to carry out a range of duties to support the running of the contract. This will include operating machinery, towing a trailer, grass cutting, hedge cutting and general grounds maintenance duties, able to work on own initiative to complete daily work to a high standard.
The Supervisor will work with the Contract Manager/Assistant Contract Manager to meet the financial and operational needs of the contract.
The Supervisor will be responsible for team management; ensuring identified work is completed to a very high standard and
according to health and safety legislation. They will ensure the there is a smooth running of
the contract and will deputise for the Assistant Manager in their absence.
Operate equipment in accordance with experience and training.
- Conduct basic practical training and mentoring sessions with new and existing staff members.
- Effectively manage performance and promptly raise shortcomings with the Contract Manager.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance at all times.
- Ensure work instructions are issued to staff and to verify completion.
- To carry out joint inspections with client in absence of Contract/Assistant Manager and identify and additional works. Initial measure and quantify additional works.
- Ensure work schedules are carried out as instructed.
- Undertake any training required to carry out duties.
- To report promptly and accurately on all activities to the contract manager.
To attend if required meetings with clients or stakeholders