Acacia Groundcare Equipment Rental Ltd are a rapidly growing specialist equipment hire, sales and servicing company, providing flexible long and short term hire of landscaping and arboriculture equipment across London and South East England.
In September 2015, we acquired MowersUK, a garden machinery sales/service business to enable us to provide a complete service to our clients. As a result, we now have dealership for various major brands including Honda, Hayter/Toro, Stihl/Viking, Countax/Westwood and more.
This role will be based at our branch in Basingstoke, Hampshire (MowersUK).
Role Aims & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with senior management on best ways of expanding the existing business
- Assist the Manager with day to day smooth running of the branch
- Maintain a professional customer relationship both face to face and over the phone at all times
- Discuss and advise customers on the best choice of machines to meet their needs and budget
- Demonstrate and advise on safe operation of machines including PDI
- Occasionally represent the company at trade shows, exhibitions, customers visits etc
- NB: For the ideal candidate, this role could lead into taking over as Branch Manager.
Previous Experience Required:
- Basic knowledge of garden and arboriculture machinery is essential
- Retail sales (preferably in garden machinery)
Necessary skills and qualities:
- Self motivated and able to seek opportunities when possible
- Active interest in grounds maintenance industry
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer/IT literate
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Team Player
Skills and Qualities, not essential but would be an advantage:
- Previous experience with dealer or supplier of equipment
- Basic financial and business cost understanding
- Understanding of new technology
- Previous mechanical knowledge
Market rate + pension
For a copy of the full job specification and an application form, apply with your CV.